Members benefit from the Society’s newsletter, programme of lectures and social events. But our members contribute as well. Simply becoming a member of the Society increases our influence in ensuring Finchley is a good place in which to live. And if you wish to be more active in the Society you will find many opportunities, since all our work is done by volunteers.
At the moment, we need volunteers for:
- Chairman for the Environment and Transport Committee: As well as chairing the Committee meetings every two months, the main task is to encourage other Committee members, and to keep everyone informed on what they can do by reporting events and tasks in the Newsletter. If you are interested come along to one of the Committee meetings? Please contact Derek Warren (on 020 8346 5258 or by email at email@example.com).
- Minute taker for the Environment and Transport Committee: The committee meets six times a year. If you are interested, please contact Rosemary Coates (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8368 1620)
- Flowerbed Restoration at Finchley Central: We are restoring and then maintaining the flower beds on the southbound platform at the station. We are allowed to carry out the work when the station is less busy, i.e. Monday to Friday between 11 am and 2 pm. If you can help, please get in touch with the Chairman, David Smith (details as above).
It these opportunities don’t interest you, you might be like to become more involved in
- Planning issues – send an email to email@example.com
- Environment and transport issues – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archives – send an email to email@example.com
If you are interested but aren’t sure how best you can help, we’d be happy to discuss it with you. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.